Ribose achieves world’s most extensive integrated management system compliant to PAS 99: Certified integration of seven management systems
Certified by BSI (British Standards Institution), Ribose’s IMS covers all seven of the company’s management systems, each already compliant to a separate management system standard (MSS) including:
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality management systems – Requirements, the international standard for quality management systems (QMS)
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental management systems – Requirements with guidance for use, the international standard for environmental management systems (EMS)
- BS OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational health and safety management systems – Requirements, the internationally applied British Standard for occupational health and safety management systems (OHSMS)
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Information technology – Service management – Part 1: Service management system requirements, the international standard for IT service management systems (SMS)
- ISO 22301:2012 Societal security – Business continuity management systems – Requirements, the international standard for business continuity management systems (BCMS)
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information technology – Security techniques – Information security management systems – Requirements, the international standard for information security management systems (ISMS)
- ISO 50001:2011 Energy management systems – Requirements with guidance for use, the international standard for energy management systems (EnMS)
PAS 99 is the world’s first framework for integrating management systems built on different management systems standards (MSS), specifying requirements for streamlining MSSs, allowing for improved business focus, a more universal approach to risk mitigation and improved operational efficiency.
Created to align with the ISO Directive Annex SL, the PAS 99:2012 standard goes a step further by ensuring the results of streamlining management systems work effectively and as intended. At present, PAS 99 certification is the only impartial way to determine if an IMS has achieved its intention of integrating operating systems efficiently and effectively, providing a common bar on how an integrated management system should function and continuously improve through certification.
According to Ribose’s founder Ronald Tse, “Ribose chose to build a streamlined, integrated management system right from the beginning. As a small company with a limited number of staff, we wanted to manage all aspects of the company as efficiently as possible. Streamlining our IMS through PAS 99 certification helped us avoid overlapping elements and duplicated effort across our different management systems.”
“Taking our commitment to holistic, comprehensive collaboration to heart, we have integrated our information security, business continuity, quality, IT services, environmental, energy and occupational health and safety management systems into a whole – allowing us to effectively manage these aspects of our operations without the typical overhead that can bog down non-integrated systems,” explained Mr. Tse. “Our highly dynamic information security management system, which has continuously received the highest security ratings and certified to the most stringent security standards including CSA STAR, CSA C-STAR, MTCS and AICPA SOC, also operates as part of this IMS.”
Mr. Tse concluded, “PAS 99 certification confirms that Ribose has integrated its management systems correctly, and that the IMS performs effectively – providing better oversight and control for our management team, while ensuring the highest level of service for our users.”
Emmanuel Herve, Managing Director of BSI Hong Kong and VP of Standards, remarked, “We commend Ribose for its commitment to the highest levels of corporate governance. Standards are designed to level the playing field, and Ribose’s numerous achievements in certification attest that smaller businesses can indeed compete against larger organizations by building upon standards.”
Mr. Herve added, “Management systems help companies get more from their business, and integrating these management systems allows them to realize even greater benefits without additional investment of time or money. PAS 99 provides a framework for the most streamlined method to achieve this goal. We congratulate Ribose on being the first company to integrate seven management systems under PAS 99, setting a strong example for the industry to follow.”
# # #
Ribose is a cloud collaboration platform that makes working together easy and fun while keeping your data safe. As the world’s first cloud service provider certified to MTCS (Multi-Tier Cloud Security), CSA STAR Attestation, CSA STAR Certification (Cloud Controls Matrix, CCM 3.0.1) and the first Software-as-a-Service platform to complete the CSA C-STAR Assessment, Ribose has been consistently awarded the industry's highest cloud security ratings year after year: the highest security tier, Level 3, in MTCS and the highest maturity level, Gold, in STAR Certification.
Ribose is also certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO/IEC 20000, ISO 22301, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 50001, PAS 99, Cyber Essentials Plus, CDSA Content Protection Security (CPS) and AICPA Service Organization Control (SOC) standards, and approved by the UK Government’s G-Cloud program for government use.
Ribose is free to use: ribose.com.
BSI (British Standards Institution) equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. As the world’s first National Standards Body and a founding member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), BSI is responsible for originating many of the world’s most commonly used management systems standards and publishes over 2,700 standards annually.
Independently assessed and accredited globally by ANAB (ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board) and by over 26 other accreditation bodies around the world including UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service), BSI is globally recognized as a champion of best practice.
For more information, please visit: bsigroup.com.
- Business Wire: Ribose Achieves World’s Most Extensive Integrated Management System Compliant to PAS 99
- Business Wire EON: Ribose Achieves World’s Most Extensive Integrated Management System Compliant to PAS 99
- Business Wire Chinese Traditional: Ribose實現全球覆蓋管理體系標準最廣泛的PAS99合規整合管理體系
- Business Wire Chinese Simplified: Ribose实现全球覆盖管理体系标准最广泛的PAS99合规综合管理体系